Kick-off event and workshop: Jätkäsaari Mobility Lab – Helsinki’s testbed for smart mobility
The event is intended especially for companies interested in piloting new mobility solutions in the Jätkäsaari area. There are limited spaces so sign up fast and please remember to cancel your registration if it turns out you cannot participate!
Time: Friday 1st November 2019, 08:30-12:00
Place: Huone/Taika, Länsisatamankatu 16, Helsinki
Jätkäsaari Mobility Lab is an umbrella project for smart mobility initiatives in Helsinki and a testbed for piloting in the Jätkäsaari area. In collaboration with different city departments, it enables and supports testing and piloting smart, safe and sustainable mobility solutions.
The kick-off event will present how Jätkäsaari Mobility Lab will support innovation and piloting activities, by providing smart infrastructure and data, as well as co-development and demonstration spaces, and by enhancing user engagement and launching open calls for agile pilots.
In addition, we will host a workshop for identifying and discussing the hopes and wishes of different stakeholders on what is needed for developing, piloting and thriving with their solutions and how the Lab could best support them.
9:00-9:25 Jätkäsaari Mobility Lab – What it is and what it offers
- Jätkäsaari Mobility Lab / Juho Kostiainen, City of Helsinki & Janne Rinne, Forum Virium Helsinki [pdf]
9:25-09:50 Case examples
- Traffic Situation and Ferry Arrivals / Kimmo Ylisiurunen, Infotripla [pdf]
- Jätkäsaari Smart Junction / Iisakki Kosonen, Aalto University [pdf]
- Starlit 5G / Ari Ronkainen, Natural Resources Institute Finland [pdf]
10:00-12:00 Workshop – How can the Lab best serve your needs?
- Service Design workshop facilitated by Ramboll